My Ex keeps harassing me with threats of lawsuits. Does she have any case?

Mesa, AZ |

Her and I broke up and I had a social media meltdown where I made two posts calling her a psycho and describing actual situations that demonstrate it. I never mentioned her by name. I quit doing that until I got in trouble with the law. She sent me an email out of the blue that was taunting me saying she has access to lawyers because she was a law clerk once but they don't work with dummies and enjoy my time in prison. I posted a screen shot of that email on my facebook page. Does she have a case?

1. While I would like to know more about this situation, but from the facts above, I don't think you should worry about the situation.

I would however, stop any future posting. Let the past lie in the past and work towards a better future.

Good luck to you.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

2. Things you say on Social Media can be the subject of a civil lawsuit against you, particularly if you say things that are provably untrue and damaging to someone's reputation. Unless the posted remarks are threats or violate a court restraining order, it's unlikely that criminal charges would be brought against someone for posting material on Social Media. Good luck.

Attorney Mark Weaver is licensed to practice in Ohio, Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia. Any answers posted by Attorney Weaver are for general information purposes and do not create an attorney-client relationship. No one should rely upon this information without first personally consulting with an attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction.

3. Not a good move on your part but not a criminal act either.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Internet law topics