My Ex just said he is moving to Florida so he does not have to pay alimony or serve any time in jail.

Garfield, NJ |

He was arrested last week after a year of having a warrant out for his arrest on back alimony. The man comes from an extremely wealthy family. They give his thousands upon thousands of dollars not including a house, all types of water crafts toys, Car.s Motorcycles etc. But of course tells the courts he doesn't have a dime. Is this all true? as far as NOT pay alimony if he moves. and said That because they wont put him in jail I will never see another penny

1. Moving will not absolve him of alimony.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

2. His obligation to pay alimony is not eliminated should he move. You are still permitted to enforce all court orders in NJ.

This post is not legal advice and does not create a confidential attorney-client relationship. It is being offered for informational purposes only. You should not relay any confidential or priviliged material in this public forum. You should not rely on this post as legal advice. In order to obtain a more comprehensive answer to your question you should consult with an attorney of your choosing.

Alimony topics