My ex is trying to put a restraining order on me can it be dropped because shes contacting me?

She calls me and txts me and also says she wants to see me before the court date for the hearing. I don't contact her unless she says to call her. She calls ne or txts me. She recently just told me she wanted to see me before the court date one more time. She also said she's only known me for a year when we have known eachother for over 2 been dating for 7 months. What are grounds for dropping the restraining order?

Pensacola, FL -

Justin Gary Hausler

Justin Gary Hausler

Family Law Attorney - Casselberry, FL

Was the order granted temporarily? If so you cant have contact with her even if she wishes it. She can get you arrested at any time if you two are together. She can tell judge that she wants to drop her petition at the hearing. If she won't, you'll want to look into getting a lawyer. When is your hearing?

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Family Law Attorney - Orlando, FL

Do not have any contact with her if a temp injunction was entered! She could be tricking you into violating the injunction. Just let it be until the hearing, go to the hearing and present any and all evidence you have. I recommend you have an attorney on your side to assist you.

Scott Michael Weiss

Scott Michael Weiss

Family Law Attorney - Boca Raton, FL

Make you keep all of the text messages and phone records, and bring them to Court when you have the final hearing on the injunction.

William Charles Rosenfelt

William Charles Rosenfelt

Domestic Violence Lawyer - Longwood, FL

Do not contact her. Her attempts to contact you would tend to prove that she's not afraid of you. You should have an attorney assist you with this, however.

Related Advice