My ex is trying to put a restraining order on me can it be dropped because shes contacting me?

Pensacola, FL |

She calls me and txts me and also says she wants to see me before the court date for the hearing. I don't contact her unless she says to call her. She calls ne or txts me. She recently just told me she wanted to see me before the court date one more time. She also said she's only known me for a year when we have known eachother for over 2 been dating for 7 months. What are grounds for dropping the restraining order?

1. Was the order granted temporarily? If so you cant have contact with her even if she wishes it. She can get you arrested at any time if you two are together. She can tell judge that she wants to drop her petition at the hearing. If she won't, you'll want to look into getting a lawyer. When is your hearing?

You can get a free consultation on this matter by calling 407-617-1064. Please understand that the information given is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make a more accurate legal determination on your matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed by the attorney and client.

2. Do not have any contact with her if a temp injunction was entered! She could be tricking you into violating the injunction. Just let it be until the hearing, go to the hearing and present any and all evidence you have. I recommend you have an attorney on your side to assist you.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

3. Make you keep all of the text messages and phone records, and bring them to Court when you have the final hearing on the injunction.

The answering of this question is just friendly advise, and in no way legal advise, nor create an attorney-client relationship. For legal advise you should contact an attorney with detailed information about your situation, so he or she can better assist you. - Scott Weiss, Esq. www.weinerweiss.com

4. Do not contact her. Her attempts to contact you would tend to prove that she's not afraid of you. You should have an attorney assist you with this, however.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.