My ex is dating a sex offender. How can I keep our child safe and away from him? What legal steps do I need to take?

Cocoa, FL |
Filed under: Child abuse

I let my daughter go with them on christmas, and a few days later finding out he has a record. Sex offender with some one under 14, sexual battery charge and child abuse. I denied her visitation due to child endangerment. But what is my next step to change the custody/visitation? And what can I do until it's changed? She has a son that lives with them, can I call DCF in fear of his safety too?

1. File an emergency motion for modification of timeshare. Hopefully the judge will give you a hearing right away under the circumstances. You will be better off if you hire a family law attorney to assist you. Good Luck!

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

2. File an Emergency Motion with an attorney on your side. They can hopefully find out the specifics of his past charges and you can ask judge for protections for your kid. Does offender live with her? If they live together, DCF may do something. What did your ex say about him? Did she seem to know or not? Do you think she is protective or does she leave him alone with the kids?This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Child abuse topics