Skip to main content

My ex is behind on child support, I know he is in contempt but not sure when to report him?

Warsaw, IN |

he is paying only $64.00 a month.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. if this is a IV-D matter where the prosecutor's office was involved you can contact that office at any time. If this was a matter with private attorneys then you can contact your previous counsel so he or she can contact father to see if the matter can be cleared up without court intervention, and if not then to file the appropriate pleadings.

    The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  2. I am not sure what you mean by $64 a month. Is that when he is supposed to pay or is that the amount that he is paying.? How far behind is he?

    Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. (219) 836 2200

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics