My ex in Connecticut, during the 1995 divorce, stole more than $300,000 from my bank savings, what should I do now to recover?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bridgeport, CT

She controlled the family accounts and never showed the financial statements.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Max L Rosenberg


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I am an attorney licensed in both Connecticut and New York with my offices located in Stratford approximately 5 minutes from Bridgeport. Unless there are more facts, you may have waited to long too ask this question. We are happy to talk further with you about this if you have any other questions.

    We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be... more
  2. Mary Katherine Brown


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I think you've passed the point of no return and it is too late to recover the money. Speak with a local attorney if there are specific facts that show a more recent connection or an extraordinary reason why you didn't act on this sooner.
    You can find contact information here on Avvo for an attorneys in your area. Good luck!

    Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,490 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,490 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering