My ex in Connecticut, during the 1995 divorce, stole more than $300,000 from my bank savings, what should I do now to recover?

Bridgeport, CT |

She controlled the family accounts and never showed the financial statements.

I think you've passed the point of no return and it is too late to recover the money. Speak with a local attorney if there are specific facts that show a more recent connection or an extraordinary reason why you didn't act on this sooner.
You can find contact information here on Avvo for an attorneys in your area. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

I am an attorney licensed in both Connecticut and New York with my offices located in Stratford approximately 5 minutes from Bridgeport. Unless there are more facts, you may have waited to long too ask this question. We are happy to talk further with you about this if you have any other questions.

We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Rosenberg and Press, LLC are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Rosenberg and Press helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Recommended articles about Divorce