My ex-husbands and my restraining order (mutual TROs) were dismissed by the judge, but no paperwork/forms were given to us

Asked about 1 year ago - Fontana, CA

so I wanted to know if this is right and we were not going to receive anything after the dismissal or we had to...im a bit confused. I would like to send to immigration a dismissal proof, but since I did not get any forms, I am not sure how I can prove to immigration that the TRo was dismissed. My point is not to show to immigration anything about myself because I am a US citizen, but want to show how my ex tried the protective order against me for his green card which was dismissed so there is no domestic violence or anything. i reported my ex husband to immigration.

1. Isaac Lee Fischer

1

Answered . Each county is different, but many counties have a "minute order," or some other type of written order that is placed in the file and normally a copy is given to the parties at the hearing. Some counties require a "Findings and Order After Hearing" be prepared by one of the parties to reflect the court's order, but normally they will tell you that at the hearing. In any event, you may want to go back to court and request to see the file. You can then check to see if there is any sort of order in the file and photocopy it if so. You MIGHT be able to get away with submitting a Findings and Order After Hearing reflecting that the TROS were dismissed and get the judge to sign it. I can give you the forms, or you can download them on any court web site.

2. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

1

Answered . You can request a copy of the Minute Order which will reflect that the restraining order has been dismissed.