Skip to main content

My ex-husbands and my restraining order (mutual TROs) were dismissed by the judge, but no paperwork/forms were given to us

Fontana, CA |

so I wanted to know if this is right and we were not going to receive anything after the dismissal or we had a bit confused. I would like to send to immigration a dismissal proof, but since I did not get any forms, I am not sure how I can prove to immigration that the TRo was dismissed. My point is not to show to immigration anything about myself because I am a US citizen, but want to show how my ex tried the protective order against me for his green card which was dismissed so there is no domestic violence or anything. i reported my ex husband to immigration.

Attorney Answers 2


Each county is different, but many counties have a "minute order," or some other type of written order that is placed in the file and normally a copy is given to the parties at the hearing. Some counties require a "Findings and Order After Hearing" be prepared by one of the parties to reflect the court's order, but normally they will tell you that at the hearing. In any event, you may want to go back to court and request to see the file. You can then check to see if there is any sort of order in the file and photocopy it if so. You MIGHT be able to get away with submitting a Findings and Order After Hearing reflecting that the TROS were dismissed and get the judge to sign it. I can give you the forms, or you can download them on any court web site.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You can request a copy of the Minute Order which will reflect that the restraining order has been dismissed.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment



Thanks. So if I was not given anything by the court and simply walked out, then that means that NO orders were placed, right. I am not sure how it works, but if I was given at least one order, then wouldn't the court give me a form.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics