My ex husband went to court today, and it was a review for his BIPP class, and it also said ' contact for child custody..

What exactly does that mean? I've had full custody of my 2 children since March of last year. My ex husband is on probation for domestic violence. Is it possible for him to get custody of the children, or no? He doesn't have a job either.

Corpus Christi, TX -

Attorney Answers (2)

William Tyler Moore Jr

William Tyler Moore Jr

Family Law Attorney - Houston, TX

If he is on probation for domestic violence, he's got very little chance of getting custody of your children. Talk to an experienced family law attorney in Corpus. You'll feel better after you do.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you... more
Cynthia Russell Henley

Cynthia Russell Henley

Criminal Defense Attorney - Houston, TX

Sounds like the criminal court is now saying that he is not prohibited from contact with the children. Does not mean he gets the children or that any custody order from a family court is in any way altered; just that before he had no contact and now the criminal court is not forbidding it.

Cynthia Henley

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.