My ex husband went to court today, and it was a review for his BIPP class, and it also said ' contact for child custody..

Asked over 1 year ago - Corpus Christi, TX

What exactly does that mean? I've had full custody of my 2 children since March of last year. My ex husband is on probation for domestic violence. Is it possible for him to get custody of the children, or no? He doesn't have a job either.

1. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

1

Answered . If he is on probation for domestic violence, he's got very little chance of getting custody of your children. Talk to an experienced family law attorney in Corpus. You'll feel better after you do.

2. Cynthia Russell Henley

1

Answered . Sounds like the criminal court is now saying that he is not prohibited from contact with the children. Does not mean he gets the children or that any custody order from a family court is in any way altered; just that before he had no contact and now the criminal court is not forbidding it.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220