My ex-husband was granted custody of our two children. What can I do to get my children back? It's been almost three years.

Asked about 2 years ago - Ludowici, GA

The ruling was based on that my home was in turmoil and instability, too many people in the residence, my husband was a long distance truck driver, that my daughter switched schools, it also stated that I was a good mother with difficult circumstances.There was No abuse, no drugs, no welfare, no alcohol, or instability. I was a stay at home mom, while my husband worked. I was always with the children. Please tell me what I can do.

1. Anthony M. Zezima

Pro

1

Answered . Assuming that you have been visiting your children regularly, an action to modify custody may be filed in the county of your ex-husband's residence whenever there has been a change in circumstances for the Judge to consider.

You should seek advice from an experienced family law attorney who handles cases in that county, who can advise you whether you have sufficient evidence to pursue such a case.

2. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Answered . You can file a petition requesting to modify custody. However, to be successful you must show that there has been a change in circumstances since the last order was issued. You stated that it has been three years, but did not mention if there has been any change in the circumstances that "caused" the judge to rule as he/she did.

I agree with Mr. Zezima, you should consult with a family law attorney to discuss your case. Actually, considering the lack of simplicity, it would be in your best interest to hire an attorney to represent you in your modification.

~ Kem Eyo