My ex husband want to stop paying child support and he want get lawyer.

Asked 10 months ago - Boise, ID

My ex husband want to stop paying child support and he want me to sign it but i refuse. He say if i refuse to sign it then he will go get lawyer. Do i have to get lawyer too??

1. Paula Brown Sinclair

3

Answered . Your ex husband cannot just stop paying child support if a court has ordered him to do so. Whether you should sign something he has requested cannot be known from the information you have disclosed. It would be very helpful to at least consult with an experienced family law practitioner to review his support obligation.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. Scott Ross Learned

1

Answered . Please don't sign and don't let him bully you. You can at least consult with an experienced family lawyer for a few hundred dollars and find out what your rights are and where you stand. He needs to support his children.

3. Sandra A Kuhn Esq.

Pro

Answered . No, but you may want to. If you want to put an end to the bullying, you need to take swift legal action. Consult with a lawyer right away, see if you can get more support. That may nip it in the bud.