My ex husband suposed to pay me alimony since march 7/2013. After I realized I do have to serve his boss with the order document

Asked over 1 year ago - Mountain View, CA

I served his boss 30 days after the judge order, this 2 weeks ago, what can I do to start recieve this money. I ask to hes pay by court. Hes boss going to send the money for the court house? In may 7 going to be two months after the court, Do I have to go back at court again? What can I do to get the money?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David Alexander Yomtov


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . It is hard to understand all of your questions, but it sounds as though you need to start the payments coming that the judge has ordered.

    First of all, your ex-husband has to pay the support, even if there is no wage assignment. It is ultimately his responsibility to get the money to you.

    Secondly, you need to send his employer an Wage Assignment Order (WAO), not just a copy of the court order for support. Have you done this? You probably do not need to "go to court" to get a WAO, but can probably file it with the clerk. Give them an envelope to use to mail you a copy once the judge signs it.

    Thirdly, the WAO can order his employer to pay the money directly to you, so why not do that? (The court does not want your money and does not have the ability to receive it and pay it to you.)

    Fourthly, if you have a support order it may be possible to open a case with the Dept. of Child Support Services. They collect spousal support, as well, in some cases. Their number is 1-866-901-3212.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. John Noah Kitta


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . If your husband was not a party to your dissolution action then the court didn’t have the ability to do anything from the court hearing. Once you get the court order against your husband, then you need to file the wage attachment against the employer, who will have to honor the same. It is a simple process. If you have problems you can be provided assistance from voluntary attorneys through the County, or you can contact a local family law attorney for consultation for advisement. Some attorneys offer a free 30 minutes consultation, and others may give you a consultation for a nominal fee.

    If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,493 answers this week

3,220 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,493 answers this week

3,220 attorneys answering