My ex husband suposed to pay me alimony since march 7/2013. After I realized I do have to serve his boss with the order document

Mountain View, CA |
Filed under: Alimony

I served his boss 30 days after the judge order, this 2 weeks ago, what can I do to start recieve this money. I ask to hes pay by court. Hes boss going to send the money for the court house? In may 7 going to be two months after the court, Do I have to go back at court again? What can I do to get the money?

It is hard to understand all of your questions, but it sounds as though you need to start the payments coming that the judge has ordered.

First of all, your ex-husband has to pay the support, even if there is no wage assignment. It is ultimately his responsibility to get the money to you.

Secondly, you need to send his employer an Wage Assignment Order (WAO), not just a copy of the court order for support. Have you done this? You probably do not need to "go to court" to get a WAO, but can probably file it with the clerk. Give them an envelope to use to mail you a copy once the judge signs it.

Thirdly, the WAO can order his employer to pay the money directly to you, so why not do that? (The court does not want your money and does not have the ability to receive it and pay it to you.)

Fourthly, if you have a support order it may be possible to open a case with the Dept. of Child Support Services. They collect spousal support, as well, in some cases. Their number is 1-866-901-3212.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

If your husband was not a party to your dissolution action then the court didn’t have the ability to do anything from the court hearing. Once you get the court order against your husband, then you need to file the wage attachment against the employer, who will have to honor the same. It is a simple process. If you have problems you can be provided assistance from voluntary attorneys through the County, or you can contact a local family law attorney for consultation for advisement. Some attorneys offer a free 30 minutes consultation, and others may give you a consultation for a nominal fee.

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.