Skip to main content

My ex husband sent me an email "I promise you there will be hell to pay if you mess things up" Can I sue or charge him?

Rockledge, FL |

We have been divorced for 8 years and he was abusive and still manipulates and abuses me this way thru emails. He has alot of money and seems to get away with it. I am tired of this treatment.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. The facts seem short of what it will take to sue him as a cyber bully.

    You should contact a family law lawyer (your divorce lawyer) and get a restraining order. You say your ex has money. The family law guy may have a thought or two of how to pursue a settlement.

    This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

  2. You definitely a question for your family law attorney. In FL, however, I believe you will find it difficult to get a restraining order unless there has been violence in the past. I agree with my colleague that it may be difficult to bring a civil suit for cyber bullying.

    The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship.