My ex husband new wife called my job and told them I'm doing drugs! This is to much what can I do?

Bradenton, FL |

My boss said a women called and said I was doing drug to the hr lady so of course my boss has to sit me down and question me.. It's was such a horrible ordeal and I'm mortified... The only person who hates me to do something like that is my ex and his new wife... What can I do???

1. Send her a cease and desist letter preferably on an attorneys letterhead.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. You should mark down all details: Date and time of call; to whom the call was made and, if possible, the number from which the call was made.

The making of verbal statements about one person to another, which statements the speaker knows – or should know – to be false, constitutes slander. If the offender’s statements would insinuate that you did something that amounts to a crime (i.e., taking drugs), then the statements constitute slander per se, and damages are presumed (i.e., do not need to be proven). The damage to your reputation has already been done.

Of course, you would need to verify who it was that made the slanderous statements. Determining the number from which the call was made would certainly help.

Mr. Vicary is licensed to practice law in Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Vicary strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

3. A local attorney can send a strong cease and desist letter.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

4. If you know that it is the new wife who has caused you this problem, you should go to an attorney and pay him or her to write a letter directing the wife to cease and desist the spreading of such lies and promising that you will file suit against her for defamation should it occur again. Such a letter on an attorney's letterhead usually can do the trick.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.