My ex-husband is filing bankruptcy and letting the house go. I am on the title, not the mortgage, can they come after me?

Asked over 2 years ago - Belcamp, MD

NA

1. Robinson Sean Rowe

Answered . No - they cannot come after you for any monetary responsibility. The NOTE is the only thing that obligates you to pay money to the lenders.

2. Marc Gregory Wagman

Answered . If you are not liable on the mortgage then no they cannot come after you for liability on the note and mortgage. However, if there is a foreclosure they will name you because you are on the deed and have an interest in the property. You may want to consider filing a bankruptcy if there is other debt however.