My ex husband is already threatening to take me back to court

Round Rock, TX |

because he said that he didn't get the divorce decree with a timely matter but it was sent to him certified mail the 1st hearing was 9 April 2014 and the final hearing was 4 June 2014. The judge denied the request for an extension because he said that there was "legal terms" in the decree he didn't understand but went into the divorce pro-se.. I wasn't in the court room at the time but my lawyer was. I texted him saying that he had the next 3 weekends with our son because of father's day - and he has already stated that he didn't want his summer visitation with our son, and started threatening about taking me back to court because I asked him to document that - then the threats started about taking me back to court. Can a divorce that I signed with the judge get kicked back?

1. This is something that you should discuss with your lawyer. He/She can explain what the possible appeal process is and how it could work. Your attorney can best talk to you about how to deal with his texts and statements. It sounds like your ex spouse did not like the outcome.

Best of luck.

2. I agree with the prior post. You should talk to your lawyer about his threats. Your lawyer will be the best one who can explain if and how he could take you back to court. Best of Luck.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship.

3. Attorneys Merritt and Wright are correct. Your attorney is in the absolute best position to answer this question for you. Shoot him or her an email, I'm sure you'll get the response you need.

4. Your attorney is in the best position to address the situation and advise you about how to deal with your ex-husband.

5. You have a lawyer. That is who should be answering your questions.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.