Skip to main content

My Ex-husband have a court order to pay my lawyer fee and he never pay and my attorney is asking me that fee and put me in Fee

Jersey City, NJ |
Filed under: Divorce

Fee arbitrate send by my lawyer and I have no idea what to do next and forced the order to my Ex husband to pay the fee to my attorney which is order by Judge

Attorney Answers 1

  1. As I understand it, your ex-husband has been ordered by the Court to pay your attorney's legal fee and he has not done it. You must pay the legal fee if for whatever reason your ex-husband does not. What I would suggest is that you file a motion to enforce litigant's rights with the court so that the judge can then sanction your ex-husband for failure to obey the initial order. If your ex-husband continues to be in non-compliance with the order he will be cited for contempt of court and could be jailed if he does not pay the legal fee.
    You would be far better off if your lawyer filed the motion but he or she may not want to do any further work without getting paid in advance.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics