My ex-husband hasn't paid spousal support in 3 months. I can't afford legal council what can I do?

Asked about 2 years ago - Gainesville, TX

The support was court ordered and he sent me an email stating he was cutting it in half for one month then stopping it completely. It was paid only about 5 months.

1. Michael J Corbin

Answered . You will have to take him back to court on a contempt motion and ask the court to compel him to pay the ordered maintenance. Before you do so, however, you need to make sure that he actually has the ability to pay what was ordered - is there some reason, besides simply wanting to stick it to you, that he isn't paying? If there is, then it is useless to chase him for money he doesn't have. If possible, you may want to work with him if there really is a money issue. Otherwise, you'll have to take him back to court.