My ex-husband has remarried in 2010. How can i get proof that he has remarried?

Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

I need to prove to my fiance's church which is coptic orthodox that he has remarried and that is the only thing I can think of to prove it.

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

3

Answered . You can see if he has a marriage license in the relevant county...or if there was a marriage announcement in a local newspaper.

2. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . You may engage in a search of records available in a search through an agency or investigator, to insure that you find evidence of the marriage if he married away from his home county, etc.

3. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

1

Answered . You can search the marriage licenses in the County Clerk's Office in the county where you suspect he was married. Informally, you can do searches on Facebook, etc. as many times people list their marital status online.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  4. Glenn Johnston

Answered . Since this is a demand by your Church, this is not a legal matter. This is a matter for their rules and procedures. Normally I would refer you back to the church to ask what proof is sufficient for their needs.

I agree with my colleagues that you should be able to obtain information relevant to his marriage in the county in which he was remarried. The marriage license may normally be obtained in NYC through the office of Vital Records.

This does not constitute legal advice or the engagement of my services as an attorney.