My ex husband has custody of my 5 yrs little girl he is not her father we were divorce in 2005 she was born in 2007 i want back

Asked about 2 years ago - Harrison, OH

we try to work things out and get back together but he cheated on me and told police i was going to kill myself but i was at work doing my job i was depress that all and the judge gave him custudy of her judge told me 6 hrs a week and hoildays but i only see her 31/2 hrs a week not on hoildays or birthday or at school get to gethers

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If he is not the father how does he have custody and why didn't paternity get raised during the custody transfer? I would consult a lawyer.

    This answer is provided for general purposes only. If you need legal assistance you should consult with an... more
  2. Answered . Without a change of circumstances of your ex or the child a court will not change custody. You may have more luck with expanding visitation especially if you haven't been getting the hours provided in the decree. It's a little late to raise paternity; it has been done but the court may not want to disestablishment him at this point, especially if he has been providing most if the care.

    For informational purposes only; not intended to, and does not, constitute legal advice or a legal opinion.
  3. Answered . The only way to straighten out this situation is to consult with a good family law attorney in your area. Obviously this was not done the first time around - and you see the results. This will not get fixed by itself. Contact an attorney and get this cleaned up.

    IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Mr. Piper's response set forth above is not legal advice and it does not create an... more

Related Topics

Child custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Mother's rights in child custody

Mother's rights covers the parental rights of the mother. These rights primarily relate to child custody, visitation, and child support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,167 answers this week

3,640 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,167 answers this week

3,640 attorneys answering