My ex husband has custody of my 5 yrs little girl he is not her father we were divorce in 2005 she was born in 2007 i want back

Harrison, OH |

we try to work things out and get back together but he cheated on me and told police i was going to kill myself but i was at work doing my job i was depress that all and the judge gave him custudy of her judge told me 6 hrs a week and hoildays but i only see her 31/2 hrs a week not on hoildays or birthday or at school get to gethers

1. You post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If he is not the father how does he have custody and why didn't paternity get raised during the custody transfer? I would consult a lawyer.

This answer is provided for general purposes only. If you need legal assistance you should consult with an attorney. Responding to questions DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Without a change of circumstances of your ex or the child a court will not change custody. You may have more luck with expanding visitation especially if you haven't been getting the hours provided in the decree. It's a little late to raise paternity; it has been done but the court may not want to disestablishment him at this point, especially if he has been providing most if the care.

For informational purposes only; not intended to, and does not, constitute legal advice or a legal opinion.

3. The only way to straighten out this situation is to consult with a good family law attorney in your area. Obviously this was not done the first time around - and you see the results. This will not get fixed by itself. Contact an attorney and get this cleaned up.

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Mr. Piper's response set forth above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Piper's responses to all questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information based upon the his understanding of the facts stated in the question, and are for the general educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual. Also, a particular case may involve additional facts and circumstances which might invalidate some or all of the concepts provided in this answer and therefore you should not rely upon this answer in any individual situation. In order to offer legal advice about this or any similar situation, a qualified attorney would likely need to consider many factors not stated in the question and would need to question the potential client in order to clarify the specific facts operable in that case. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, it is recommended that you contact an attorney in your state. Mr. Piper is licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio, and may be contacted directly via email at: piperlawoffice@gmail.com.

Child custody topics