My ex husband forged my signature on the divorce file. Is the divorce valid

Chicago, IL |

Physical emotional

maybe not. go to the court clerk. photo the entire file. every paper in it. take it to a lawyer fast. this week if at all possible. there may be time limits running.

It is difficult to understand what you mean. Contact your lawyer or go in for a consultation and bring all you files. Do it immediately because there are only 30 days to try to vacate an order.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

If your husband forged your signature on the marital settlement agreement and/or judgment of dissolution of marriage, then you must immediately file a petition in court seeking to vacate your divorce based on fraud. If, however, he forged your signature on other documents in the file that are not as significant, then your divorce is probably valid. You should take your divorce papers to a lawyer and have them review them as part of a free consultation.

"Forged my signature on the divorce file." What does that mean? On which documents did he "forge" your signature?

On the line respondent ?: