My ex-husband disappeared in plane crash in CA in 1992. How do I get presumptive death certificate to draw his social security?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Little Rock, AR

I am almost 65. He was never found. Disappeared in Monterrey county, but no courthouse has any record of his death. In CA after 7 years they can issue presumptive death certificate. How do I obtain this ?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Paula Brown Sinclair

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Duplicate post. See first answer.

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This normally must be done through the probate court. I would have a probate attorney assist you. It should not be difficult or expensive, but there are procedural aspects that you would not know about and the attorney can help you streamline the process.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,832 answers this week

3,457 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,832 answers this week

3,457 attorneys answering