My ex-husband and I were married for two and a half years, we recently got divorced. Will it affect me getting a green card?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Burlington, VT

im from Russia. I entered marriage in good faith.

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . Were you granted a conditional green card or a permanent green card?

2. Rebecca Saldana

1

Answered . You say "getting a green card" if you don't have a legal permanent resident card or a conditional and your still in the process your case will be terminated. If you have conditional then you can file I-751 on your own behalf. If you hold a legal permanent resident card you will be fine.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . It depends. Do you have a conditional green card already or have you not yet filed? if you are conditional you can file for a good faith waiver by yourself. You should speak to an attorney in either case as you may have options available to you even if you have not yet filed/received your green card.

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Do do silt an experienced immigration lawyer for assistance.