My ex hasnt let me see my son in 5 years. what can i do?

Millersburg, PA |

he picked our son up for a visit and never brought him back. i havent seen or heard from my son in 5 years and his father ignores all my attempts to contact him. there is no custody agreement that i am aware of.

Why didn't you file for custody once he didn't bring him back? Why wait 5 years? At this point, you will need to file a custody complaint in the county in which your son is living.

The above answer is intended solely for general informational purposes and does not create an attorney client relationship. You should consult with an experienced attorney regarding all of the details of your particular situation before taking action.

all the lawyers i talked to told me it would be very expensive and i dont have much money. i just want to be able to see him

Jeanne B. Costopoulos

Jeanne B. Costopoulos

If you have no money at all you may qualify for a free attorney in the county in which your son lives. Try contacting MidPenn Legal Service or the county bar association in that area. Otherwise, you may have to save up your money to hire an attorney.

you should file for custody.

Michael Kuldiner, Esq. (215) 942-2100. Our Practice is focused on Divorce, Custody and Real Estate matters in Bucks County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia. For more information visit our site. www.PhillyEsquire.com This response is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The response is intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between MIchael Kuldiner, Esquire and any party. The responses provided on this website are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. They are not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely on any information contained in these responses without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

You can file a custody complaint.