My ex has served me for being in contempt of child visitations? Are my children not allowed to be in extracurricular activities?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houma, LA

He works an odd schedule overseas and is never gone for the same amount of time. I am the domicile parent and live in the parish where we resided while we were married. He moved four hours away to Gulf Breeze, Fl with his first ex wife and her three children. My 8 year old daughter was in allstars biddy basketball and she had games that weekend. He had no intention on bringing her to her game so I kept the kids, brought her to her games because as a parent that is teaching her very valuable lessons she will need in life. He is to exercise 8 days minimum out the month according to his work schedule. He had them 60 days last year total. I gave up mothers day, gave an extra week in July, gave up whole holidays instead of splitting them just to accommodate his schedule. Always at his convience

1. Lauren G. Coleman

1

Answered . You need to abide by the visitation schedule as closely as possible or ask the court to change the visitation schedule. The court will balance the father's right to visitation against the best interest of the children. Normally a court will side with the father over extracurricular activities of the children.