My ex has been ordered to pay my attorney fees but is not paying.

Sierra Vista, AZ |

My ex husband was ordered to pay my attorney fees. He was paying and has now stopped. He is now 60 days past due. How do I collect? Can I file a garnishment?

You may file a motion to enforce. The court can order him to commence payments to you again, and the court can reduce the amount owed to a judgment. Judgments accrue interest until they are paid in full, so it provides an incentive to your ex-husband to pay it off. Additionally, you may record a judgment and, if he doesn't pay, you may seek a garnishment.

The information provided is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

There is already 1% interest per annum and after re reading the order it is already a judgment.

Shannon Bradley

Shannon Bradley

If you already have a judgment, you may begin a garnishment proceeding. If the amount is $10,000.00 or under, you can file a garnishment action in your local justice court.

Thank you

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support