Skip to main content

My ex has been ordered to pay my attorney fees but is not paying.

Sierra Vista, AZ |

My ex husband was ordered to pay my attorney fees. He was paying and has now stopped. He is now 60 days past due. How do I collect? Can I file a garnishment?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You may file a motion to enforce. The court can order him to commence payments to you again, and the court can reduce the amount owed to a judgment. Judgments accrue interest until they are paid in full, so it provides an incentive to your ex-husband to pay it off. Additionally, you may record a judgment and, if he doesn't pay, you may seek a garnishment.

    The information provided is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics