Skip to main content

My ex had me arrested, and the charges were dropped by the DA, I was charged with 2 felonies.

Sacramento, CA |

. I went to my bank, I've been with for 10 years to cash a check that he'd written for spousal. My ex told the police more lies, to ensure I was taken to jail. The case was dropped, but this may keep me from finding work in healthcare. I was extremely humiliated, embarrassed, degraded. It was the worst thing I've ever been through. I have been pretty much blackballed at both of my banks one of which my car loan is at and they repo'd due to my ex telling them i have no $ to pay! when in fact I did, he just wasn't paying me on time.

He also used CLETS to find out info on my boyfriend, which i'm sure is illegal in CA.

Do I have a civil case?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Clets abuse has some criminal aspect to it, and much depends on whether the ex is in law enforcement. The pattern you describe is intentional infliction of emotional distress.

    You may want to start thinking like a victim if you want to win.

    Have you considered restraining order? intentional interference with contract (B&P 1700?)

    Hire a good civil attorney, pay him well and proceed;
    Do all of the victim actions (no-contact order, stalking complaint, police report)

    Good Luck with your forward advance.

    Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

  2. Ask a civil attorney. You are in the criminal section. Good luck.
    (800) 409-7010

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

  3. You should consult a civil plaintiff's attorney to determine your claims, if any.