My ex got his 2nd DUI within 2 years. I'm taking him back to court. What are my chances of getting full physical &legal custody?

When my ex picks up our son, they always visit at his parents house and my ex's parents house is a bad place to be. They have had 9 police calls within the last year. My son also sleeps on the floor when he stays overnight with his dad.

Anaheim, CA -

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

DUI / DWI Attorney - Santa Barbara, CA

Sorry to hear what you're going through. It sounds like it is imperative that you speak with a family law attorney ASAP. I suggest using avvo to find a couple close to you and giving them a call - most should offer a free consultation and be able to answer your questions. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Nicholas Milan Loncar

Nicholas Milan Loncar

Criminal Defense Attorney - Studio City, CA

Agreeing with Mr. Nielsen, I think it's imperative that you talk to a family law attorney. I would gather as much information as you can on your ex and the police calls to your ex's parents' home.

Richard Timothy Jones

Richard Timothy Jones

Criminal Defense Attorney - Austin, TX

DWI's are not grounds for the award of sole custody. Commission of crimes is a factor that can be considered.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

Related Advice