Skip to main content

My ex got his 2nd DUI within 2 years. I'm taking him back to court. What are my chances of getting full physical &legal custody?

Anaheim, CA |
Filed under: Family law

When my ex picks up our son, they always visit at his parents house and my ex's parents house is a bad place to be. They have had 9 police calls within the last year. My son also sleeps on the floor when he stays overnight with his dad.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Sorry to hear what you're going through. It sounds like it is imperative that you speak with a family law attorney ASAP. I suggest using avvo to find a couple close to you and giving them a call - most should offer a free consultation and be able to answer your questions. Good luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

  2. DWI's are not grounds for the award of sole custody. Commission of crimes is a factor that can be considered.
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

  3. Agreeing with Mr. Nielsen, I think it's imperative that you talk to a family law attorney. I would gather as much information as you can on your ex and the police calls to your ex's parents' home.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics