Skip to main content

My ex got arrested after he tried to stop police from turning over custody of my children to me due to my protection order. how

Tampa, FL |

long will he stay there for one charge contempt and second charge police obstruction non-violent? i'm afraid of him, and what he will do. His lawyer from the divorce case already phoned me threatening, me and telling me that i should contact her to fix things. she accused me of perjury and obstruction of justice, and other stuff which she didn't detail. i never lied though, but i'm afraid of what she will do, if i don't do what she tells me. i'm living in fear of what lengths she will go to, because she's from my ex's country and will do dirty tricks, whc includes blantant lies. what can i do? i'm thinking of running, before the actual protection order hearing? i feel very threatened by her. would she be considered a third party, since my protection order is supposed to protect me from all

Attorney Answers 5

  1. You already asked this question. Why are you asking it again.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

  2. Do you have a family lawyer. If so, contact them to assist you. Regarding your husband, we do not have enough information to determine when he will get out of jail. He is entitled to bond likely and if someone posts it on his behalf he will get out. I would hope a lawyer would not engage in such unprofessional behavior. Most family lawyers would not risk there reputation to get so personally involved. If you are unrepresented, perhaps you need to get a lawyer so you do not get involved with the lawyer directly. If you can not afford one, contact legal aid.

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

  3. If you currently have a family attorney make them aware of this. If not, contact a local family law attorney to further discuss your case.

    Gina Hunter

  4. It is a bit surprising the lawyer called you, but if you are not represented by a lawyer it is permissible. If you want to protect yourself from him and her, you should hire an attorney. Then, his lawyer will no longer be allowed to call you.

  5. I cannot predict how long he will be in jail but it is not forever, you need to retain counsel in the family law case. Contact my office for free consultation.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics