My ex fiance is suing me for my engagement ring. Can I counter sue him?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

We both mutually agreed to call the wedding off because of his infidelity. I am still in possession of the ring but I incurred over 7k in costs planning the wedding and it was non refundable. What are my chances of the judge awarding me my money.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I do not know about GA. but as a general rule, you have to return the ring. You can counterclaim him for expenses.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

1

Answered . Cases have gone both ways on rings. It certainly wouldn't hurt to counterclaim for the expenses, and while in some cases you'd lose that point, in this fact pattern it may be great leverage. Although it would be smart to get a lawyer, the legal fees in a lawsuit may exceed the value of the dispute.

3. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Very good, i would lawyer up