My ex employee is using my business confidential information.

Sarasota, FL |
Filed under: Trade secrets

My ex-employee had lists of all my clients and now she is soliciting to all of them. I have proof of that. She never signed a Confidentiality Agreement thought and I am wondering how can I stop her from using all his information.

1. You could have a claim of trade secret misappropriation. Assuming these are trade secrets (which requires a careful review of the facts), as a general matter, even without confidentiality agreement, a former employee cannot use or disclose trade secrets from their former employer.

I would strongly recommend that you contact an attorney immediately to consider options and strategy to protect your rights.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only and discusses general legal principles, trends, and considerations and is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Business topics