My ex boyfriend was convicted of aggravated domestic battery along with 3 other felonies. he wants custody. can he get it?

Asked over 2 years ago - North Aurora, IL

my ex boyfriend and I are not together anymore and we have a 6 mo. old daughter. I am still legally married to my husband at this time. my ex wants to fight for custody of my daughter but he was convicted of 4 felonies. one involving a loaded fire arm. this incident involved me as the victim and my daughter was in the other room. what are the chances of him getting custody?

1. Mitchell Scott Sexner

Pro

1

Answered . Justice is supposed to be blind, but it is not deaf. The best interests of the child control who gets custody. You would have to be pretty awful for your background to trump his.

2. Ahmed Rashid Motiwala

Answered . The judge in the case will look at all relevant factors to decide what is in the best interest of the child. In this case, the factors you mentioned may be used to show that the childs best interest is met if custody is granted to the mother. You would be best consulting an attorney for more detailed advice. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. I can be reached at 847-756-4900 or by email at ahmed@gregoryandlai.com.

3. John Wesley Hall Jr.

1

Answered . Slim to none, but you're going to need a lawyer.

4. James Regan

Pro

Answered . Use Avvo to find Kane County family law attorneys. Good Luck.