Skip to main content

My ex boyfriend videotaped us having sex without my consent and post it on the internet. What should I do?

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Civil rights

what are the steps to follow when someone post it a sexual video without your consent.

i live in nj and i've been told that there are several videos of me and my ex online how do i prove this , we both live in nj. These videos are orchestrated (ie. setting a camera in a motel room where we end up staying) I believe him and his friends may have some sort of "business" online that excludes faces. I personally know that i've been videotaped only b/c of my own suspicion, not by his honesty.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You also need to contact the website where it is posted and demand that they remove it. If you are a minor this could be a criminal violation. If so, call the Dade County State Attorney's office. You may have a civil tort claim against your boyfriend for invasion of privacy. You would need to consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts.

    Bonnie Riggens
    Law Office of Bonita M. Riggens
    669 1st Ave. N.
    St. Petersburg, FL 33701
    Phone: 727-898-1401
    Fax: 727-823-7351
    Employment law representation: Contracts (Noncompete Agreements, Severance Negotiations), Defamation, Discrimination (Age, Disability, Gender, Pregnancy, National Origin, Race, Religion), Family and Medical Leave Act, Overtime Law. Privacy Law, Retaliation and Whistleblower Law, Sex Harassment, Unemployment Compensation, Unpaid Wages, USERRA

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics