My ex boyfriend of 6 years financially, emotionally abused and manipulated me. Do I have a chance of winning a judgment? ~150K

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Clara, CA

When I met my ex he had some minor health issues. Shortly they became serious due to obesity. Each month there was an excuse on why he could not pay. I was force to pay household expenses 90% of the time. He manipulated me in to believing that we were a "family unit". My bank found him guilty of fraudulent usage of my ATM. He even made my rental into a hoarder’s den. He made me put on his socks, shoes, underwear and sweats daily. There was a clear pattern of abuse, manipulation and bullying. He financed a dump truck for his business, he asked if i would be willing to officially pay for all expenses for 2.5 years in exchange he would do the same and i could buy a new car. He made my house into a hoarders den forcing me to live in the garage for almost 3 years. He owes me ~$150K.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

9

Answered . I am so sorry that you have gone through this. Your state is a community property state, please sit down with a local Santa Clara attorney and discuss your rights, you will be protected. Take care.

2. John Noah Kitta

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . It sounds as if you had an agreement with him and he has breached the agreement. He agreed to support you for 2 and one half years and now refuses to do it and based upon his representations he paid significant funds for your support you can look into fraudulent inducement, recision of contract, breach of contract. The Federal, case touching on many of these issues in California is the Marvin case. If he stole money by and through your AMT hopefully you filed a police report and he was charged and convicted. This would be evidence of his state of mind. You did not mention in your statement, but it is going to be very important as to what witnesses you have to substantiate your allegations.
    _____________________

3. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

3

1

Answered . Agreed. You might also want to look into legal support from legal aid or battered women's centers in your area. There are people who devote their lives to help people in your situation.

Good luck!

4. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

1

1

Answered . You need to sit down with a lawyer to discuss your situation. Feel free to contact me at 415-441-1052.