My ex boyfriend is threatening to send out naked pictures of me. What are the legal actions I can take?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

He has been threatening me. Claiming he is going to send them to my parents and to my work email.. I now threatened that I would call a lawyer and he has stopped and has claimed he wont sent them out now, but how do I ensure that this does not happen? He is scaring me and acting very crazy.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . You can hire a lawyer to write him a letter to show you are serious and ask for the photos back. You can also sue him for a restraining order/injunction.

Pro

5

Answered . I got a girl 200k from her ex-boyfriend's homeowner's insurance, as he sent naked pictures from his home computer to her work, thus, a lawsuit could be pursued if this happens.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

3

Answered . If you think that this person presents a physical threat to you, I suggest that you file for a restraining order. It may also be worth your while to pay an attorney to write him a certified letter, advising him not to make contact with you and not to publish any photographs or in any other way defamed you or invade your privacy and, if he does, he will be sued. Quite often this type of attorney letter, sometimes referred to as a cease and desist letter, can be very effective. If this person approaches you in an aggressive manner, call the police.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

1

Answered . Call attorney Lassen for advice. Best of luck.

One or more answers have been taken down.