My ex-boyfriend is threatening to put a naked pic of me on the internet. what should i do ?

Asked about 2 years ago - Talco, TX

We are not together and i haven't seen or met him in person. I met him on the internet. & he is 18 and im 16. He is just really mad at me. I've moved on and havent called him or texted him for over a week now, but today he called me and we starting arguing, and ive never threatened him in any sort of way. but he is threatening to put a pic of my boobs on the internet. im scared and dont know what to do.

1. Pamela Koslyn

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with both my colleagues. His behavior is horrible, but yours is really unwise --sending someone you've never even met pictures of your boobs so they'd have this power over you?

Internet relationships are not real, they're just digital messages, and you shouldn't fool yourself that you actually had a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend here.

I agree that you should use the child pornography laws that help you to your advantage, and call the police NOW to see if they'll contact this person and get your photo(s) back. Then either call a lawyer, or simply ignore this person. De-friend them, block their calls and emails, and use the technology that you mistakenly think constitutes a relationship to prevent further contact from this person.

2. Oscar Michelen

3

1

Answered . You need more than legal advice. Someone you have never met and only know from communicating online is not your boyfriend or you ex boyfriend. Uploading naked images of someone under the age of 16 can be seen as uploading child pornography under the law, so you may want to let him know that. Then do not communicate with him further and if he continues to harass you go to the police. In fact, you shuold file a police report right now as to his threat so that it is on record. I

3. Lee Keller King

1

Answered . "Sexting" is an evolving issue regarding the use of the Internet. As my fellow counsel have stated, it is illegal to post a nude photo of a child (anyone under 18 years of age) on the Internet. It may, in fact, be a felony and could lead to greater punishment than actually abusing a child (which is a topic for another discussion).

I have attached a link to a scholarly discussion of the issue, and some other Texas specific sources, but you need to consult a local attorney and consider filing charges against this "boyfriend."

4. Robert John Murillo

2

1

Answered . If you are 16, his posting of your picture would be under child pornography and he can be charged with a crime. If you really wanted to get across that you are serious, you could have an attorney write this letter on your behalf about the pictures and to stop any communication.

One more thing, sending nude pictures or, hell, even taking nude pictures on your phone is a bad idea as these may get sent out by the person you sent it to or anyone they sent it to or your phone gets hacked (happens all the time).

5. Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Pro

1

1

Answered . Do what attorney Koslyn suggests, prepare to probably get a stern lecture from people, and quit sending naked pictures to people you've never met.