My ex-boyfriend charged with class1 misdemeanor for domestic violence, disorderly conduct; went to court for sentencing on March

Glendale, AZ |

8th; 30 days jail; suspended, NO fines, 2 years probation unsupervised, alcohol & domes viol classes. The same night after his sentencing he committed the same crime again; only add asault and resisting arrest to it now in jail...... Will his sentencing be increased due to the fact it happened on the same day as court, while on probation & now a second offense???

1. Yes, the 30 days suspended jail will now be activated. Plus he is now charged with a class 6 felony resisting arrest, and it occurred while he was on probation. That is probation eligible if it is a first felony offense, but I think it is safe to say that the prosecutor is going to want him to serve some substantial jail time, if not prison, based on the facts that you laid out.

This is not legal advice, this is only a public discussion.

2. Your ex-boyfriend's attorney is going to have his work cut for himself trying not to have the sentencing increased. Though, you’d be amazed at what some attorneys can pull off. But, some people really work hard at getting incarcerated and it sound like that is what he did. Sometimes a defendant can dig a hole faster than the best defense attorney can fill it in.

3. At a minimum, he will have to complete the 30 days in jail. He should definitely hire a good attorney to handle the new case and possible probation revocation in his first case.