My ex boyfriend bought me gifts well over 200k and is demanding them back , can he take me to court and take it all back ?

Asked 6 months ago - New York, NY

I was in a non exclusive relationship in which he was able to do whatever he wanted with other women and now we're not speaking he he wants all of the nice expensive watches, bags ,shoes back . His assistant and himself also provided me with checking account information and credit card information to purchase whatever I wanted online in which I did and nothing was cheap! Every purchase of clothing shoes bags well over 3,000 per order more then occasionally . He's threatening to take everything back because he assumes I was dating about her man during the last few months we were together , and is threatening me that he will have a private investigator speak to my family and friends if I engaged in any actions with any other men while he was my infantile provider what do I do?

Not infantile !! Ment to say financial provider .. NOTE : he's 65 I'm 25 and he's has a lot of power in nyc .

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . A gift is a gift. He would have to prove it was not a gift. My concern is that he will call the police and claim that you stole his credit card number.

2. Timothy George Kerrigan

Answered . While I agree with the comment of Attorney Rothstein regarding a gift being a gift, I also share his concern that these purchases may be portrayed in a way which is inconsistent with them being a gift. The longer this arrangement was in place, the less likely he will be able to portray it as something else as he would have been clearly aware of it and did nothing about it until now.