My Ex boy friend has been threatening me to post our sex tape on the internet can he go to jail for that?

Asked over 1 year ago - Springfield, VA

my ex has been threatening me to post our sex tape since we broke up. if i don't talk to him. i saw he posted our sex tape online but deleted. I still can see the link online with my name just don't have the actual VDO. I broke up with him because he is a drug dealer. he grows large amount of marijuana. Can he is going to jail for posting the sex tape? or threatening me with emails? and i know he is growing weeds just really dont know where he lives now can the cop still tracking his activity and send him to prison? i want him to go to jail for both crimes.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kevin Rindler Madison


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Make a report to your local police department. Most states have laws making it illegal to post any photos or digital recordings of other persons in a state of undress without their consent.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think... more
  2. Ruth Elaine McMahon

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Report this to the authorities. They'll be able to locate him He is in serious trouble if he is threatening you or posting a sex tape online - and being a drug dealer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,851 answers this week

3,259 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,851 answers this week

3,259 attorneys answering