My ex and I have visitation plans for him to pick up our daughter every weekend Friday pm to Sunday pm . . .

Flemington, NJ |

He has not shown up for his scheduled visit with her for the past 3 weeks and now that I have plans for her this weekend he is demanding I make her available to him and is threatening me with court. I feel like if he has the right not to show up consistently then why should I not be allowed to keep our family plans with her this weekend? Do I have to let her go?

Keep your plans and offer him the following weekend. If that no-show situation continues, file a motion to change the parenting time schedule.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

I agree 100% with Mr. Lieberman.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Child custody topics