My ex and I got a civil union 5years ago in New Hampshire, it has now turned into a marriage Is there a way to get it dissolved?

Tried to get her to file, she lives in MA and I live in TX, but she refuses or says she will but then doesn't.

College Station, TX -

Attorney Answers (2)

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Family Law Attorney - Framingham, MA

I am sorry that you are going through this. If you are married and cannot find your spouse you may be able to file a divorce by publication. You may file in the state that has jurisidction, chat with a local attny in your state and he or she will help you. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Family Law Attorney - Bronx, NY

Speak to an experienced divorce lawyer in both MA and TX to see if you meet the residency requirement of either state. You can get a divorce even if the other side refuses to sign the paperwork.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.