My ex and I got a civil union 5years ago in New Hampshire, it has now turned into a marriage Is there a way to get it dissolved?

Asked over 1 year ago - College Station, TX

Tried to get her to file, she lives in MA and I live in TX, but she refuses or says she will but then doesn't.

I want nothing from her settlement wise, no property, no money and we had no joint kids. I just the peace of mind knowing I am free of a bad decision made years ago and can now move on in my life.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

9

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. If you are married and cannot find your spouse you may be able to file a divorce by publication. You may file in the state that has jurisidction, chat with a local attny in your state and he or she will help you. Take care and Merry Christmas.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Speak to an experienced divorce lawyer in both MA and TX to see if you meet the residency requirement of either state. You can get a divorce even if the other side refuses to sign the paperwork.