My ex and I got a civil union 5years ago in New Hampshire, it has now turned into a marriage Is there a way to get it dissolved?

College Station, TX |

Tried to get her to file, she lives in MA and I live in TX, but she refuses or says she will but then doesn't.

I want nothing from her settlement wise, no property, no money and we had no joint kids. I just the peace of mind knowing I am free of a bad decision made years ago and can now move on in my life.

Speak to an experienced divorce lawyer in both MA and TX to see if you meet the residency requirement of either state. You can get a divorce even if the other side refuses to sign the paperwork.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Do you have any idea where I could get a hold of an attorney in MA to get a thought on it, without having to pay huge fees?

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Look on the AVVO find lawyer button

Thank you, you were extremely helpful!!

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

If you like you can hit the best answer button, thanks.

Already did!(: thanks and merry Christmas.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Thanks and happy holidays

I am sorry that you are going through this. If you are married and cannot find your spouse you may be able to file a divorce by publication. You may file in the state that has jurisidction, chat with a local attny in your state and he or she will help you. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

I know where she is, she just refuses to be helpful in filing for the divorce.

Recommended articles about Family law