My Ex is demanding the Forensic Evaluator do Extra Work - Home Visits

Asked 6 months ago - New York, NY

The Forensic Evaluator estimated 40 hours of work to complete his evaluation. But now because I wouldn't accept a settlement offer without changes My Ex is using home visit by the evaluator to harass me. The Evaluator admitted that he normally doesn't do "home visits" but is doing this on the insistence of my Wife. My Wife told me she would do this to harass me and cut off my being allowed to see the children. She is convinced that If I don't get to see them she will get some sort of child support. This even though she is monied spouse and I was the one who was at home taking care of the children,

If I say no home visits the forensic guy will be ticked off because that is an extra $2000 he won't get. If I say yes I am inviting this guy into my house to make who knows what accusations,

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . I'd suggest to write the evaluator an e-mail & ask him again why this "home visit" is necessary. If he puts in writing that he's only doing it to placate your wife, then this may be seen as a form of bias & may either result in his/her removal or for the Judge to disregard his/her evaluation. Speak to your attorney, though, before doing anything. If you're looking for a 2d opinion - or you don't have an attorney - then schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Douglas Shaun Kepanis

3

1

Answered . I love when my adversary demands forensics...they are usually fishing expeditions and backfire! Let them do it...the person so insistent usually ends up being dissatisfied with the report and...if it goes against you your attorney can usually refute the findings anyway.

3. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

3

Answered . If you don't already have an attorney, now is definitely the time to get one and have them advise you because the information you seek requires a full evaluation of your case. If you do have an attorney, then your best course of action is to follow their advice.

Pro

3

Answered . These typically don't go well for them, so your lawyer will likely not object