My end parole date is dec,28th . am i officially off at midnight or do i have to wait for the state to finish paperwork?

Southampton, PA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

that is the end date of my sentence for dui's

Assuming you have completed aoll of the requirements and conditions of parole, it is over at midnight of the last day of the sentence. The Commonwealth can still file a violation petition after that date if you have violated parole prior to that date.

Over at midnight

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

It would be midnight but I believe there is a split in Pennsylvania law regarding whether the prosecutor can pursue a violation of parole after completion of the parole, when the violation occurred during parole. See CW v. Smith 860 A2d 142 (Pa Super 2004) which hurts your position and CW v Karth, 994 A.2d 606 (Pa. Super 2010) which states that a violation cannot be commenced after the parole end date.

Please note that I am only licensed in Pennsylvania. Therefore, if your case involves another jurisdiction, you should disregard this post. Further, this posting does not constitute proper legal advice since I have not been able to learn all the circumstances of your case. As such, you should consult a lawyer in person immediately for proper legal advice and should not rely on this posting for legal advice.

Midnight...typically...

Licensed & have offices in PA & NJ ONLY. (Philadelphia, PA & Marlton, NJ)