My employers wife slapped me and grasped my throat and tried choking me as well as firing me.

Waymart, PA |

This happened in my boss's office when I was trying to discuss some issues with him and his wife arrived and accused me of sleeping with him.

Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, was your boss' wife an employee, owner or officer of the company? If so, you have a claim against the company AND against her for the assault and battery. It appears from the facts that it was personal in nature and not work-related, so it likely is not covered by worker's compensation. You may also have a hostile environment/discrimination claim, but from the facts you gave, that appears unlikely. You certainly have a claim for assault and battery against your boss' wife, regardless of how she is related to the company. You should report her to the police and discuss your potential claims with an attorney ASAP.

You may be considering not reporting her to save your job; however, in my experience, turning the other check won't stop the crazy. If she did this once, expect future bad behaviors from her.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
One Belmont Avenue,
Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585
Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
www.ezoldlaw.com

Answered 8 months ago. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified. /Christopher E. Ezold/ The Ezold Law Firm, P.C. One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 (610) 660-5585 Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com www.ezoldlaw.com

This is an assault and battery for which you should have her arrested. if you had done this to her, do you think you would get away with it? call the cops. If you want to sue the company, you are going to have to do better than this for facts. (I cannot tell if you were terminated because you said she tried firing you.) But you can sue mrs boss civilly for putting her hands on you.

I have contacted the state police which handle the township and will be speaking with an officer tomorrow when i go to the police barracks. I don't know remember my boss's last name or his wife's which is different from his as I only started working there a month and a half ago and work off the books. I was terminated as she yelled several times i was fired while assaulting me. Not to mention I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant.

Elizabeth Tandy Foster

Elizabeth Tandy Foster

well in that case you should definitely speak to the department of labor about the working off the books and try to get a free consultation with an employment lawyer as I see the following issues lurking: pregnancy discrimination and sexual harassment. Note that it probably works against you that you have so little time in with this employer, but nobody deserves to get hit while trying to work and have horrible crazy accusations screamed at them, especially a pregnant woman whose physical health might depend on her stress level. I am sure yours is through the roof. You have my sympathy. Note that I only have a law license in nj, not pa, so I am not permitted to give you legal advice.

First off, you should contact the police immediately. Depending on how long ago it occurred, and the entire facts of what happened, it sounds as if this matter should be handled by the Wayne County District Attorney. I am a former prosecutor. The facts as you have conveyed them indicate that your employer's wife has committed a crime here.

The other attorneys here are correct. A lot more information is needed before a lawyer can determine if you have a claim. What you have described goes beyond just Employment law, although more information is needed about your job and the company, as well. You could potentially also have claims for the physical attack and for any potential damage to your reputation.

I am happy to speak with you at your convenience.

I will serve as someone's attorney only after a written agreement has been reviewed and signed. Please feel free to contact me at (610) 393-3868 if you would like more information or to inquire about my services.