My employers wife slapped me and grasped my throat and tried choking me as well as firing me.

Asked over 1 year ago - Waymart, PA

This happened in my boss's office when I was trying to discuss some issues with him and his wife arrived and accused me of sleeping with him.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christopher Edward Ezold


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

    That being said, was your boss' wife an employee, owner or officer of the company? If so, you have a claim against the company AND against her for the assault and battery. It appears from the facts that it was personal in nature and not work-related, so it likely is not covered by worker's compensation. You may also have a hostile environment/discrimination claim, but from the facts you gave, that appears unlikely. You certainly have a claim for assault and battery against your boss' wife, regardless of how she is related to the company. You should report her to the police and discuss your potential claims with an attorney ASAP.

    You may be considering not reporting her to save your job; however, in my experience, turning the other check won't stop the crazy. If she did this once, expect future bad behaviors from her.

    If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

    /Christopher E. Ezold/
    The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    One Belmont Avenue,
    Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585

    Answered 8 months ago. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed... more
  2. Philip David Press

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . First off, you should contact the police immediately. Depending on how long ago it occurred, and the entire facts of what happened, it sounds as if this matter should be handled by the Wayne County District Attorney. I am a former prosecutor. The facts as you have conveyed them indicate that your employer's wife has committed a crime here.

    The other attorneys here are correct. A lot more information is needed before a lawyer can determine if you have a claim. What you have described goes beyond just Employment law, although more information is needed about your job and the company, as well. You could potentially also have claims for the physical attack and for any potential damage to your reputation.

    I am happy to speak with you at your convenience.

    I will serve as someone's attorney only after a written agreement has been reviewed and signed. Please feel free... more
  3. Elizabeth Tandy Foster

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . This is an assault and battery for which you should have her arrested. if you had done this to her, do you think you would get away with it? call the cops. If you want to sue the company, you are going to have to do better than this for facts. (I cannot tell if you were terminated because you said she tried firing you.) But you can sue mrs boss civilly for putting her hands on you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,244 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,244 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering