My employer will not return calls and emails to return to work. What should I do?

Dayton, OH |

I sprained my shoulder and have been out of work for 10 weeks. I was told by my employer if I could get them specific restrictions they would allow me to return....they have no light duty work so I have been off since injury. I got the exact return to work info they needed and it is specific as they asked. They will not return my phone calls or emails to come back to work. I have contacted my css and told her I have gotten no response she said just be patient. It's been a week how much longer should I wait. Do I need an attorney? I feel like they are stretching it our to meet my 12 week FMLA deadline where they can then get rid of me. I have 1 week left.

1. It would not hurt to consult with an employment attorney and see what your options are.

2. I agree with the other attorney's response. Most employment attorneys offer free consultations. Check to find out how you handle this situation.

3. My colleagues are both correct -- talk to an attorney who works in the field of employment law.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

4. Best bet is to discuss with a local employment lawyer. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool.