My employer stop taking federal taxes out of my paycheck after the third check last year. what do I do?

Asked over 4 years ago - Pottstown, PA

My income was about $11800.00 and I noticed that the federal income tax was not taken out from the fourth check on. what should I do? Will I have to pay this now at once?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Brian Daniel Geno

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Answered 03/01/2010: If your employer stopped taking taxes out as opposed to taking tax out but not paying it to the IRS, then you should file a return which shows the amount taken out and the amount that you owe which was not taken out, You'll need to pay it to the IRS. If it is still happening, you should make quarterly payments to the IRS. You might need to see an accountant to figure out the correct amount to pay the IRS. Also, you should start saving a percentage of your checks for state and federal taxes. There is always the option to quit the job. Good luck with this.

    [Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

    Brian Geno
    Geno Law Firm
    Red Maple Court Office Condominiums
    10617 Jones Street, Suite 201-B
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    703-691-GENO (4366) Office
    703-691-4774 Fax Email Web Web

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,969 answers this week

3,193 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,969 answers this week

3,193 attorneys answering