My employer shows a different total than thee debtor by a difference of 4000 when my employer finishes paying what happens then?

Asked over 1 year ago - Torrance, CA

My judgement started at 17,800 my employer shows by their records that my bal is 2000 but the debtor shows 6000 and some change and claims the the sheriffs office is behind by 3 -4 months.

1. Kris K. Skaar

2

Best Answer

Answered . I assume that you are the judgment-debtor, that it is your employer that is honoring a garnishment, and that the judgment-creditor is showing a greater balance than your employer.

This difference could be explained if your employer is not adding interest to the judgment amount and the judgment-creditor is adding interest. You need to consult with a local attorney that is familiar with the how judgments accrue interest in your state. It will then be a simple matter of math to determine the correct remaining balance.

2. Sandra Maria Nutt

2

Answered . Are you asking about a garnishment? Is it just me or is this question confusing? You are a creditor? Are you collecting on a judgment or you owe? Please clarify this question. Are you asking what happens if your employer stops garnishing your wages and has a different total amount? So the garnishment will be finished early and there will be more owing or vice versa. I cannot make out what you are asking. Thanks!

3. Susan Kathryn Ashabraner

Answered . The sheriff's department will continue to collect money until the total amount due listed on the writ of execution, plus post-writ interest, plus sheriff's fees has been fully paid. If you think there's a discrepancy, you can ask the sheriff to provide you with a full accounting.