My employer received a notice of income execution from people I never heard of or received mail from. what do I do?

Brooklyn, NY |

My employer received a notice from Ronald Moses regarding execution of income for me from a company I never heard of or have ever received any mail from stating I owe over $5,000. I don't know what I should do. I thought maybe it was a scam but If I don't act fast my salary might be garnished. What do I do at this point.

1. INCOME EXECUTION FROM A QUESTIONABLE JUDGEMENT

First go to the court and get all the documents that have been filed in connection with this judgement. In particular make sure you get the affidavit of service (aka proof of service, aka certificate of service.) Copy all the documents in the file. Then contact an attorney who is proficient in credit card defense. If you don't know one go to www.naca.net and search for one. If you can't afford one try your local legal aid office.

Good luck,

2. Attorney Kim gives you very good advice, you need to be proactive here in terms of obtaining documents, contacting attorneys and possibly even speaking with the attorneys pursuing you to discuss who the plaintiff is and what settlement options are on the table.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseGroup) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseGroup) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.